Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

We had a little bit of a scare last night. Great Grandma is here helping out and just before dinner she noticed a kidney bean sized knot on the right side of Addy's neck. It was in the same area of the lymph gland, so of course I became concerned and called everyone under the sun to determine what to do. Long story short we took her into the pediatrician today and the ligament in the right side of her neck was torn most likely during delivery & its calcifying and shrinking as it heals. This is quite common among infants & the Dr. said that it was good that we caught it as this typically not caught until much later. Thankfully the treatment is just neck massages about 5-6 times a day. The funny thing is I had just read about this a couple of days ago, and it crossed my mind but of course I think its the worst possible scenario. Either way I'm so thankfull that Great Grandma was here to find it and to help out the last couple of weeks. She is heading out tomorrow, and I know Addy & I will really miss her. Hopefully we can make our way over to her place before going back to work.

1 comment:

Margaret said...

So glad Addy is okay. What a treatment, though! Maybe you need to tell Josh you have the same thing going on and you need a neck massage 5-6 times a day, too! You deserve it! :)