Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The one week old & the crazy daddy!


We've made it through the first week give or take 12 hours. Its strange to think this time last week I was just starting to feel contractions and the thought of Addyson coming into this world was still just slightly hard to grasp. Now its hard to think of a time without her. Its been a week of ups & downs, but we're slowly getting the hang of things.
Last night was definently interesting. Addyson did great! She slept all four hours in between feedings and didn't even raise too much of a fuss when I changed her. Daddy on the otherhand was a handful.
(Warning: Long story ahead. I'm having way too much fun reliving this!)
About 3:40 this morning I noticed Josh getting out of bed. Addyson wasn't fussy so I figured he was going to the bathroom, but I became concerned when he started patting around on the bed. When I asked what he was up to he said he needed to put Addyson back in bed. I explained to him that she was still in there he insisted that he had taken her out and proceeded to try to swaddle my foot. It was then I realized that he must be sleepwalking. I convinced him to turn on the light while I checked on our daughter. He then accused me of not trusting him and proceeded to open up our bedroom door to welcome in any visitors that were waiting to see Addy. Finally after trying to reason with him for some time he came back to bed. This morning he remembers portions of it, but I had to fill him in between bouts of uncontrollable giggling. Thankfully he seems to find it almost as funny as I do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that is great you guys!!! Josh have you ever sleepwalked before?! I'm glad to know the nursing is going well and that the jaundice is better.

Margaret said...

I can't tell you how many times that EXACT thing happened to us the first week!!!!!! We'd wake up and think Ethan was in our bed and we needed to go put him in the crib. I kept thinking my little pillow that I snuggle with was Ethan. We never put Ethan in our bed, so it didn't make sense that we thought he was in there.
Funny what your body does when you're sleep deprived!!!!