Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Good news!!!

Addy was all cleared up by about 4 am, so she joined us in our room for a couple of hours. We were able to feed her for the first time and I got the joy of changing the first diaper, but it wasn't as bad as I figured it would be. Josh and I are now in room 517 on the pediatric ward so if any one would like to visit please feel free to do so.

Also while I'm thinking about it here are a couple of tips for my girls with pending arrivals.
1. Go ahead and ask for your epidural when your water is broken. (Trust me I asked when I started just to barely feel things and the anesthesiologist was running behind. It was not for the best.)
2. During labor feel free to clear the room to get you and your husband some naptime. (Yesterday afternoon my grandmother kicked everyone out for that purpose and I'm so thankful she did. I don't know if I would've fared as well if not for her.)
3. Read up on what to expect during recovery. There were times last night that were rather interesting and I feel that it would not have been nearly as frightening/unnerving had I better researched this topic.

Thank you all for the comments and support! They have been a real encouragement to Josh and I.

Tracie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations you guys! Thanks for the advice Tracie. I am so happy for yall. Tracie in your photo below you look so in love! And who can blame you? Little Addy is precious. For some reason I can't see the pics on the side though. :( Well, I hope you have a restful day.

Margaret said...

That's great news!!!!! Can't wait to see her! Rachel and I are going to stop by around 11:30ish.

I completely agree with Megan - you look sooooo happy!

Anonymous said...

Sorry we couldn't be there for Addy's arrival. Thanks so much for keeping us posted. Hopefully we can get there to see her soon!! We are so proud to be grandparents!! Love and God bless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Dad and Rose