Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, July 21, 2008

Daycare

Today is Addyson's first day at daycare. She was not phased at all of course, but so far I've had two pretty decent meltdowns and I'm just overall bummed. I don't doubt that she will be very well taken care of, but I'm jealous that someone else is going to get to spend the day with her while she gurgles & coos at them. I know its incredibly selfish on my part, but still she is my little girl. I just have to keep telling myself that millions of children go to daycare everyday and they still love & know their parents.

Thankfully I gave myself an objective for the day. I'm going to scour Northwest Arkansas for work clothes for my now much more abundant girth. Hopefully I will be able to keep myself mildly distracted until at least lunch time, because I've told myself that I can go see her after I have lunch with Josh. We'll see how long I hold out though.

I did just hear some good news. Josh just called me to tell me that he was just promoted to Systems Engineer!!! I'm so incredibly proud of him! Too bad that I won't be able to find Addyson a shirt that says my daddy is a Systems Engineer on such short notice, because I know that would crack him up. Of course I asked if I could go pull Addy from daycare and give my notice, but he said no. So I guess Thursday I'll still have to go back to work. Oh well I'll keep trying to persuade him.

Below is a pic of Addy just before we loaded her up to go to daycare. I was rushing because the camera batteries were about to give out so she sort of looks like she is glowing red. I guess that will teach me to check the camera more often.

No comments: