Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, October 4, 2008

My Little Camper!

I'm so proud of my little girl! She took to the outdoors like it was no big deal at all. On Friday we took Addyson to daycare and went back to pack up our camping gear. Around one that afternoon we picked up Addyson and she was sound asleep before we left Bentonville. She slept the entire way to Branson and she sat calmly in her stroller while I set up camp. That evening we went to a devotional and cooked dinner around the campfire and Addyson did great! Then came the point I was dreading, bedtime. Addyson took her bedtime bottle and went to sleep as usual, however at 3 AM I woke up and it was pretty cold in our tent. I moved Addyson to her carrier and tucked in a blanket around her which I figured would wake her up, but she snoozed right through. The next evening went pretty much the same, but Addyson was so stuffed up that I had to wake her at 4 AM to give her saline drops, but after that she did great the rest of the evening.
I also enjoyed proving my teammates wrong when I returned to work on Monday as they were sure we'd end up getting a room somewhere. I can't wait until Spring when we can do it again, but I'm certain that camping with a mobile child will bring its own set of challenges.

No comments: